Sunday, January 8, 2017

Use IoT NodeMCU to open Garage Door

Based on the Makezine article listed here, but same approach with a NodeMCU IoT device.

I'll start with saying I've always had a fascination with Electronics, but I've traveled down the IT path. Today, I'm beginning a new venture, into home automation. Sure multiple example exist about using a smart phone to automate your life. I'm trying to force myself to learn electronics while doing this project, and many more. 

First, I've already ordered my equipment:
Second, I ensured my Arduino application included the NodeMCU/ESP8266 board, I've used the following link. I'm using Linux Mint 18.1, so Mine looks like the following (Parsed to remove personal data):

Third, research. As stated, I'm aiming to gain electronics experience during this process. 

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment