Thursday, January 19, 2017

NodeMCU has Arrived!

It's Here!

I'm currently on the business trip and while at the hotel, I decided to experiment.


First, this unit communicates over a serial connection over 9600 baud rate. I used PuTTY on KDE Neon (Linux) and used the COM location /dev/ttyUSB0. From there, you're able to place commands such as the examples here.

Below is the top schematic view of the NodeMCU, credit goes to this website for the image and python code used.

NodeMCU v1.0 Pinout (Click to Enlarge)

Essentially, I created a short video displaying a python script, which was taken from the link above(with some modifications). Once I have the remaining project items, I'll be continuing the Garage Door Project. Till then, I'll keep on experiencing. Enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment